Friday, October 16, 2009

Meatheads: Friend or Foe?

In the past week, I have taken on a trainer.  He gives me workout assignments, then I go to the gym and I do them!  It's hard work so far but I am focused on the results.  My trainer is only $5 a month and that's because he's completely online!  It really works though.  I like the variety and the specific moves I've been told to do.  Heck, I can even upload videos of my exercises onto my iPod as a reminder when I'm at the gym....gotta love technology.

As I've been taking on my new workout routine, I've ventured over to the weights area of the gym with all of the dumbells, weight benches, large equipment, exercise balls, etc.  For some reason this area seems to intimidate the females out there.  I've looked around and many times I'm the only woman over there!  What's up with that?  We have muscles too, ladies, and it's good to work on them. 

Anyhow, my most recent discovery in the gym is the meathead.  According to Urban Dictionary, a meathead is "An enormously muscular guy who cannot hold a conversation about anything other than weight-lifting and protein shakes. Gets upset very quickly when he cannot complete his own sentences and thoughts. Can be found at nightclubs wearing shirts that are 10 sizes too small (if at all). They are by far the most closely related human beings to that of apes, chimpanzees, and other primate. They are evolutionary hindered and are less capable of following directions than my dead hampster."

In a week's time, I've come up with my own observations about "meatheads".  I don't think they are actually so bad!  No, I'm not planning to date one of them any time soon, but I've discovered some good things about meatheads. 

#1:  They actually know what they're doing in the gym.  For a novice like me, there's something to be learned from these guys!

#2:  They are sometimes considerate.  Take the "meathead" I've been running into at the gym lately.  Yesterday he made sure to tell me to let him know if his crazy breathing on the treadmill was bothering me because he recently had nose surgery (and yes, he was making some crazy sounds).  Now, this dude looks like a wrestler, so I'm guessing his nose might have been injured in a fight, but regardless, it was a nice gesture.

#3:  Meatheads keep things simple.  Okay, maybe not by choice and more by IQ, but still....there's some value in a simple life and not making everything complicated.

I'm choosing to just represent the positives about meatheads.  I won't recount what I've learned about "what chicks dig" and how to live the meathead life, but let's just say I stiffled my giggles until I got out of the gym.

Disclaimer:  This is all for the sake of humor...not trying to hurt any meathead feelings nor limit the possibility that they may grow out of their meatheads someday! :)



2 comments:

  1. Too funny. There is actually a guy at the gym I go to that Billy and I call Meathead. He definitely seems to fit the description! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. this was so funny. I know exactly what you mean! haha. I learned if your in the lifting weights area, you can actally learn alot from those guys (since they do seem to be there a lot).

    ReplyDelete