Wednesday, September 23, 2009

DVD Review: Sunshine Cleaning


After two days of sitting on my couch flipping through the channels in a neverending search for something interesting, I broke down and decided to watch a movie On Demand. Armed with my bowl of chicken soup, a pot of orange spice tea, and a cocktail of meds to make me feel better, I decided to watch Sunshine Cleaning.

Sunshine Cleaning is a quirky indie-type movie about a lady (Amy Adams) who starts a crime clean-up business to allieve her financial frustration. I've certainly not seen any other movies out there with a similar topic, so I was immediately interested in the off-beat subject matter. Armed with her sister (Emily Blunt), Adams leads her business while maintaining an affair with a police officer and attempting to raise her young son. The movie is charming and worth renting on DVD, though I'm not sure I would have paid to see it in theatres. On a side note, why does Alan Arkin keep showing up in eccentric grandpa roles (think Little Miss Sunshine)? He does a good job but it seemed a bit like a repeat after LMS.

2 comments:

  1. Emily! It's Austin-Lee...Found your blog on facebook. We have a blog too. Our link is http://bunchofbarrons.blogspot.com. Hope things are going great...and you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete